Posts by date

Trackwork at Karlsruhe

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 29 September 2020 (Comments Closed)

Hello folks,

I got a call end of last week if I could help to lay some tracks at the club layout. So, I went down to the club yesterday and joined Jonas to get a removed section of track back in place. The real railroad beside got new cable ducts, so we had to remove some rails to allow access to the working side. Since the location of the cable ducts has changed as well, we re-arranged the turnouts to fit the new space.

In the end, this took much more time as estimated, but once the final train of ballast was in, the gap was closed again. At least for the last two events this year. Some sections, including a turnout, got damaged by the machines used by the working crew, so we’ll have to spend some more work in the winter month to get everything back in smooth condition.

Bye, Gerd

[MLC] Moody Lumber operation session

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 22 September 2020 with 1 Comment

Hello folks,

a few days ago, I made use of the good weather and spend an afternoon at the club layout to dun my Moody Lumber Co. trains.

My friend Jonas also joined and decided to steam up my Forney. So, this went up to be the first time in more than 4 years, that both my steam locos were in service the same time. I also used the opportunity to make actual photos of each rolling stock to be added to the MLC-overview in the menu bar on top of this page.

Cheers, Gerd

[LVLC] Caboose – part 4

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 15 September 2020 with 4 Comments

Its time to get the interior finished.

The wooden strips shown in last week preview were assembled to a workbench, which got weathered and detailed with tools and clutter.

Back in time, Pola/LGB/MO-Miniatur offered a workshop & toolcar in G-scale, which included a whole bunch of diecast detail parts, which I use on my models. Unfortunately, they are rare to find these days and not cheap.

I also made a shelf for more clutter from some boards and strips. The oven and barrels are parts from MO-Miniatur as well, while the fire protection sheet was made from real sheet metal.

Here are two more photos, showing the completed interior as well as a final photo of the caboose with the roofs on top.

BTW, all four new made cars got some wood stain applied as base for the upcoming airbrush weathering.

[LVLC] Caboose – part 3

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 8 September 2020 (Comments Closed)

Good morning loggers, let’s start with the interior. The high seats for the conductor/brakeman were made from wood. The cabinets underneath got some details parts added made by Ozark and handrails from wire. The brakeman also got a facelift (literally) as this (probably a Bachmann figure) was somewhat creepy. I cut away the gloves, re-positioned […]

[LVLC] Caboose – part 2

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 1 September 2020 with 1 Comment

Hi folks… … and welcome back at my caboose project. I finished the planking on the basic body-frame. I used coffee stirrer for the planking, which are 5-6mm wide and 1mm thick. With the different texture and color, they already provide a very authentic surface. Some of the bracing-timbers were cut to size at the […]