I added a new station building to Dropstone on my little 009 layout.
Original, this is a “Coal Office” kit made by Dapol, but size and style fits well for a small station shelter as used on the Glyn Valley Tramway. So this one now serves my Gwyrdd Valley Tramway.
All signs were researched from the internet and printed on a photoprinter at home.
More structures and deatils are in progress and will be shown soon.
first I used my existing Deltang transmitters from my garden railroad trains to control the tiny 009 locos. But soon I had the idea to make a small handheld transmitter especially for the small locos. Since I couldn’t find a small housing, I made my own from beech wood. Both blocks were milled to sice and hollowed out to take the components.
Beside a Deltang Tx2-transmitter, you’ll need some switches, LDE and resistors, together with a throttle pot. I installed a small 300mAh Lipo battery for power and as there was enough space, I also included the charging-module inside. To make the control LEDs of the charging module visible, I added small window in the backside. Circuits, how to wire the Tx2 are shown on the Deltang.co.uk website.
After final testing, all components were stuffed into the housing and I added printed lable on top.
To operate two trains the same time with the new transmitter, I addapted the Selects-function. Instead of the regular 12-channel-switch, I added a regular switch for only two locos. I simply summed the resistors to simulate all the other channels. My transmitter now uses channel 1 and 6 only. It’s recommended to habe channel 6 involved, as it’s used for calibration.
At this point, I’ve an important hint. To use the Selecta-function, the Tx2 has to be set to profile-1. This automatically include the inertia-function. If you won’t use the inertia, you’ve to wire pin 6 anyway to avoid failures. To simualte the inertia-pot, simply wire pin 6 to ground and also via 20kOhm resistor to +3.3V. This set’s inertia to inactive. Leaving pin 6 floating causes failures and the transmitter will not work. It took me some time and nerves to figure that out.
ATTENTION – Please read data-sheets and instruction of the components you might use. Any usage of the shared documentation on this blog is to your own risk!
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
Hi folks, it’s time to show the third part of the Kerr-Stuart loco. Today’s post shows the cab and changes I did. Since the die cast cab adds a lot of weight to the back of the loco, I had issues to keep the overall balance. I added lead pieces to the side tanks. The […]
Hello again and let’s continue with part 2. The kit provided by Five79 is designed to fit a N-scale chassis. To make room for the motor, the boiler is missing the lower portion. Since the motor on the Minitrains-chassis will be located in the cab, I made a new full-size boiler from brass. I milled […]