Another Wednesday has past and I got the landscape finally shaped. I used a wire brush in my hand drill to form the foam. This works very well and fast, but attention – you may take off more material as you like very quick.
Smaller gaps and foot hills are filled/formed with plaster. Also the rural dirt road, which got a base from base wood. Once the plaster was dry, I painted the whole surface brown.
While the paint was drying, I started another structure. At the Wassertalbahn in Romania, small station buildings can be found even on simple log loading stations in the woods. I like to add such a building to my future log landing. The kit is made by Auhagen.
After studying the kit, I weathered all the parts needed with different paints and dry brush technique. I assembled the structure and added the details. Now it’s looking like a small shed that has been raised here some decades ago and is now well aged.
Hopefully I can start to ballast the track and finally got the scenery done on the first of the new segments next week.