meanwhile, I did some progress on my 5th module, called “Log landing Dürrental”. The tracks are ballasted and I glued the ground turf to the surface. The track of the loading spur is also covered by green turf, since this track is not laid in ballast. It’s a temporary loading spur laid directly to the ground.
Once the glue was dry, I used the airbrush to add shadows were the forest will grow and gravel ground around the little house. Behind the turnout, I need some retaining wall and I cut a piece of foam material to size and glued it into place. I’ll repaint some stones in different shades to make the wall look more realistic. This scene will become totally finished once the plants and greens are arranged around the wall. The structure in the front was build some weeks ago and is now glued into place.
In front of the loading spur, I’ll add a wooden loading deck where the logs are rolled onto the log cars. But size and design is not 100% sure at the moment. I’m still on research for some prototypes.
Beside the work on this module, I start to customize my rolling stock. But this will become another post tomorrow.