2″-scale riding car #1 gets new trucks

Posted by Gerd on Friday, 21 November 2014

Hi folks,

I had another evening in the BCL&RR car shops and did good progress on the trucks for riding car #1. I bought raw parts from www.der-lokbauer.de earlier this year and finally decided to use them under the riding car. The wheelbase of the trucks is actually to large, but in the end it seems to work.

I had to drill a lot of holes and that was the reason why I didn’t start earlier with this project. Finally I used stop blocks on my milling machine and it works so good, that totally missed to take photos. I assembled the archbar side frames for a first test fit.

Next I’ve to make the bolster from wood and finally the new kingpins below the car to get this project finished.

Gerd

One Comment