I just got the “go” for the Exhibition in Sinsheim/Germany on March 9-11th. So it’s time to get some more progress done on the new module.
I made a cut out to the module box just beside the sawmill to add the mill creek. I added strips of plywood to gain some depth and finally a sheet of plywood below to form a canal.
The whole canal is revetted with sand stone. I used some structure sheets from Vollmer and colored them to match the sand stone we have in our region. The riverbed got simply painted and some stones and greens added. I than spend 4 “fills” of Woodland water to create the water surface.
The water-wheel will be placed in the right channel, so I added a wall to hold the bearing. At the far edge of the module, I’ll add two water locks to regulate the overflow (left) and the water-wheel. With the mill creek done, I was able to fit in the last two pieces of track. I used some old code 100 rails as bridge trusses. Should work for such a slim gauge logging line ;-)
No I’ve to wait for some electronic bits I had to order, before I can finish the wiring. The turnout mechanisms are already in place and connected.
See you next week, Gerd