another week has passed. I added the ballast to the tracks as well as basic green ground cover I use.
The ballast is spread out dry along the rails. I use a mixture of Noch model train ballast with sand and fine turfs. Once the ballast is done, I moisture everything with rubbing alcohol , which will crawl into the ballast, so the later added water/whiteglue-mixture will creep easier into the ballast.
At the turnout’s I use less ballast below the moving parts, to avoid mechanical issues. While the glue is setting, I test the movement of the turnout regularly.
While the glue on the ballast is still wet, I paint the landscape surrounding with water/whiteglue-mixture and add an earth-blend mixture of Woodland fine-turf as basic green groundcover. The fresh applied glue will also be sucked into the ballast and the applied turf will stick to the ballast sides as well. This creates a smooth and soft transition instead of a hard line.
Once everything is dry, I can start to install the sawmill with surrounding details.
See you next week ;-)