last week I spend some attention to the storage and transport of my new garden railroad rolling stock. Since I got some more cars together now, it’s not the best way to just set them into crates for storage and transport.
So I bought some sturdy plastic boxes and added wooden stop blocks to hold the cars in place. All cars can be stored in 3 boxes, a 4th one will be used for the log loads.
The large box above will hold the caboose and a future freight car. To store the loco, I used an old aluminium trunk in which my first steam loco was housed 20 years ago. The loco got sold, but the trunk is still there. So I added a new wood casing inside for the Resita-loco. Above the loco is enough room for my second “motive power”-unit. More on the blue rail car within the next weeks.
While my neighbor was cutting the walnut tree in his garden, I was able to get several length of straight twigs which got cut down into 42cm pieces ti represent 8m logs to be load on my disconnect log cars.
I also had a bundle of hazelnut twigs which I sawed into 1m pieces to make a pulpwood load for the flatcars. The wooden block in the center will add stability and saves some material. The timbers got glued down with hot-glue. The whole load is removable from the car.