as announced last week, I did some work on the tender. My first plan was to rebuild the original tender frame but I got to the conclusion, that it might be much easier to build a new frame from wood instead.
The new frame is longer and narrower than the original one. I’ll go to model the new tender to the style and type of the tender on my Bachmann C-19.
From the original frame, I salvaged all detail parts and attached them on the new frame. The bolsters got cut to get longer wheelbase. The rear foot board was made from brass.
And here’s the new loco so far. I really like the longer tender together with the shorter wheelbase on the loco. It changes the overall look so well.
In the meantime, I got the RC components so I can continue work on the loco as well.