[Garden Railroad] Trees in the garden

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 28 April 2020

Hello folks,

I got some remarks, that my “forestry railroad” is missing trees. As my wife has reorganized the flower boxes along the house, I was able to get two small conifers, which got planted at the wye. One of them was very dry, let’s wait if it will come back to live.

When we moved two our new home, we also moved some concrete planters from the old yard. One of them was already home of another conifer, which might fear any gardener. But this tree was a perfect match for the wye in my eyes. So I removed the tree from the planter with heavy equipment and placed right into the center of the wye. This gives the whole scene a totally new look and the wye turned into a beloved photo spot.

Since trees are growing at the wye, the other side looks more like a dead-end. What’s going on here?

Cheers, Gerd

7 Comments

• Tobias says:

Hallo Gerd!

Bäume sind immer gut an einer Waldbahn. Mögen sie wachsen und gedeien und keine Schwierigkeiten machen.

Viele Grüße,
    Tobias.

• Thomas says:

Sehr stimmig die 3 Bäume hoff sie leben weiter und werden wieder fit!

LG

Thomas

• Michael says:

Hi Gert, the new trees look great. In fact the whole railway looks great! How do you mow the grass around the track without damaging the track?

• Gerd says:

Hi Michael,

mostly with my regular lawn mower. The tracks are embeded deep enought, so the the cutter will not catch them. I even use the rails as guide for the wheels, which are a perfect match inbetween the two rails.
      On some special areas, or where I can’t reach with the big unit, I have a small hand-mower just like an oversized hair trimmer.

Gerd

• Michael says:

Thanks Gerd, very helpful and sorry I misspelled your name. I wonder if my wife would notice if I ran some tracks through our lawn! I look forward to seeing what happens on the dead end :)

• Frank Fichtmüller says:

Sehen gut und passend aus, die Bäume. Gruß, Frank
    PS Wie gehts Deinem Finger?

• Gerd says:

Hallo Frank,

danke der Nachfrage. Die Schnittverletzungen sind wieder gut verheilt und Ok. Aber der Nagel muß noch nachwachsen. Das wird wohl noch bis in den Herbst seine Zeit brauchen.

Aber alles in allem hatte ich viel Glück.

Grüße, Gerd