Next step is to bring the car frames onto wheels.
I got a couple of die-cast trucks with real springs, originally made by Regner many years ago. Those are the same as on the other cars. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the same wheelsets, so I mixed in another brand. All parts got a bath in browning fluid before assembling.
One pair of trucks got additional brake gear added from Ozark-parts. They will be used under a new caboose later.
Before I started to glue on the hardware parts to complete the frames, I decided to sand of the wrong wood-stain, which worked astonishing well.
Now I can start with the super structure for each car.