While the flatcars are done, it’s time to start another project, which got postbonded several times in the past. Building a set of Gondola walls to fit on one of the flatcars.
So I ordered screws and nuts and bought some timber from the DIY store. Usually I cut my own timbers from cheap roof battens. Anyway, I couldn’t wait to start so I spend some money and bought ready cut timbers :-)
The side walls are hold by the new stake pockets while the end walls are guided in channels at each end of the sidewalls. This way it’s easy to remove the walls if I’m in need of another flatcar and they will need small space for storage.
I’m so happy with the look of the new car, that I immediately decided to build another set. I should have enough material on stock.