with the chassis of the Budapest loco done so far, it’s time to start the boiler. This will make it easier to design the boiler rest on top of the chassis and some other details.
I decided to use a combination of PVC pipe for the boiler with domes and made from steel. This will provide some weight to the loco, but keeps space inside the boiler for batteries and electronics.
The PVC pipe started with 60mm OD and 30mm ID. It was turned to shape on the lathe. Once the outer contures were finished, the rear portion was milled out to take the LiPo battery. I used the same setup to drill the mounting holes for the domes, stack and other parts. This way they are perfect alligned and uprigt on top of the boiler.
The smokebox door was made from scrap pieces. The door itself is turned out of steel wth some styrene pieces and Ozark detail parts. Next week, I might have some progress on the steam dome.