[CFF] Time for painting…

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 16 November 2021

Hi folks,

due to some other troubles around, I missed to update weekly as usual. Sorry for that.

So time to share some photos of the painting process. First it feels wrong to assemble a finished loco after weeks of construction. But the final result will be worth the effort.

After cleaning the parts, I spend a coat of primer, followed by black and red paint. I use spray paint. While the paint was drying, I worked on the remaining detail parts. Last big challenge were the window glasses. I made pieces from 2mm clear styrene which are 3mm larger in each direction and filed to perfect size. On the mill, I used a special setup to mill a 3mm wide step along the outline. The result are perfect matches for the ellyptic cutouts in the cab.

Now it’s time for final assembly.

I also work on the finall parts like interior details, repainted engine crew and the pipe to take water from ponds and streams.

The next posting will show the finally detailed loco in service :-)

Cheers, Gerd

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *