Page 2 of the Workreports CFF archive.

[CFF] Smokestack and more

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 31 August 2021 with 3 Commentsas , ,

Let’s finish the boiler. I was looking for cast brass parts to add the water feed valves, but I couldn’t get some. So I finally decided to make them scratch-built from brass. The parts are made on the lathe and I added some cast hand wheels. Looks better than the cast brass parts . On […]

[CFF] Pipework and electrics

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 24 August 2021 (Comments Closed)as , ,

Let’s continue with the pipework on the new loco. Below the future cab floor, I mounted two injectors and extended them with the water pipes. While body of the loco has to be removable, I made separate attachments for the water tank outlet valves. For the cylinders, I made gland pieces to take the in […]

[CFF] Adding more details to the boiler

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 17 August 2021 (Comments Closed)as , ,

Let’s continue the boiler. I added safety valves to the steam dome, made from brass, screws and nuts. The steam outlet at the front of the dome is cast brass and bought from Bertram Heyn. I removed the lever and mounted it to the side of the dome as on the prototype I like to […]

[CFF] Steam and sand dome

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 10 August 2021 with 1 Commentas , ,

Hi folks, after the short break, I’m back on the Budapest project. I made the domes for the boiler from steel. This may sound wired first, but since I need the space inside for the battery, I’ve to add weight on other places. At least, I had pieces of steel in my scrap box. The […]

[CFF] Boiler construction

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 27 July 2021 with 2 Commentsas , ,

Hi folks, with the chassis of the Budapest loco done so far, it’s time to start the boiler. This will make it easier to design the boiler rest on top of the chassis and some other details. I decided to use a combination of PVC pipe for the boiler with domes and made from steel. […]

[CFF] Chassis construction continiues

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 20 July 2021 (Comments Closed)as , ,

Let’s continue construction on the Budapest project ;-) It’s time to get the main frame assembled. The sheets for the front and back were made from ABS plastic again by using the same tools and techniques as on the side frames. I added diagonal U-profiles inside the frame to support the couplers, as it’s found […]

[CFF] Making LGBs excenter-valve-gear more prototypical

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 13 July 2021 (Comments Closed)as , ,

For my new loco, I bought parts from a LGB IK loco to model the valve gear. Unfortunately, the excentre motion is rigged and moving separate. So, it was necessary for me to rebuild these parts into something more prototypical. First, I made some excentre discs from black POM (Delrin) on the lathe. I drilled […]

[CFF] Cylinders and frame details

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 6 July 2021 (Comments Closed)as , ,

Welcome back in the workshop, today, I’ll show you some changes I made to the cylinders. They came from the high-pressure chassis of the Tssd-Mallet (BR 99-633) and are cast in brass. This makes machining a bit difficult. As the basic form of the part does not match the Budapest-style, I relocated the valve-gear guide, […]

[CFF] Starting a new loco project

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 29 June 2021 with 1 Commentas ,

Hello fellows and welcome to a new loco build project here on my blog. When I finished my Krauss-loco 763-237, I immediately got the idea to build another one, using LGBs 0-8-0 chassis of the Ruegen-loco Mh53. This new loco should be based on the MAVAG type 85, also known as MAV-492. Such a loco […]

[CFF] Resita Backdate

Posted by Gerd on Tuesday, 15 June 2021 with 1 Comment

Hi folks, meanwhile, the garden railroad season has started. After a cold and unsteady May, several log trains have been operated in June already. And while doing so, I came to the idea to add some changes to my Resita loco. When I choose CFF 764-467 of the Campul Cetatii line, I did this for […]